Innovation, fashion, design and philosophy from around the world
Without a doubt, day one was the one full of new announcements for the typical consumer, days 2 and 3 were more about technical presentations for developers interest.
An important annoncement we didn’t talk about before was Google Music All Access, which pretends to compete with Spotify, it´s actually only avaliable in the US, and its going to offer an unlimited access for USD 9.99 per month.
Below, we are summarizing the most interesting things presented during Google I/O 2013, some of the are more explained on the previous posts about this event:
– Galaxy S4 is being converted and adaptaded to a Nexus by the installation of the Android Jelly bean pure, which means, without any customization
– Google Play Games, as an important platform for developers.
– Google Wallet integrated with Gmail so people can send money by email… sound interesting, but safe?
– Google+ Redesign, as we posted on day 1 summary, Google keeps improving their social nework with new features, lighter design
– Google Hangouts, as the new App for chatting, looking forward to become more used than WhatsApp, we will see…
– Google Maps, simpler platform, minimal and less clicks for the user to get what he wants
– Google serach now has voice recognition, they think about it as a more personal interaction, I praticularly think, it’s going to be a social revolution if we talk about inclusion.
– Google Glasses, expecting to get more popular with new applications. There are some magazines now preparing to offer special features with them.
– And of course, Google Music All Access, we talked before.
As Larry Page said, they are only at the 1% of they are capable of, for sure Google is going to surprise us more in the near future!